‘The
Harlem Shake Reacts" clip shows how the people from Harlem feel disrespected
and humiliated by the white people, because they are making fun of their
dancing and the Harlem culture. In
the Harlem shake video there are many people dancing all over the place. Some
of them are wearing masks on their faces, dancing on the wall, and moving their
bodies. They wear funny outfits like Super Mario, Power Rangers, and some other
cartoons Characters. They were also making themselves look like thugs. I
believe my assertion is true because I know how the people from Harlem feel.
They feel disrespected and ashamed of their culture. I can relate to them in
many ways. A lot people do not know the effect of the Harlem Shake video and
the meaning of it. Also, a lot of the people do not even know that they are
hurting people’s feels by making these videos. Now
that we know how the people from Harlem feels about the video. We should expect
to feel the same when people are making fun of our culture. People often ask me
questions such as ‘Why do you wear something on your head,’ and ‘Are You from
Somalia?’ sometimes I feel disrespected because I do not have to be from
Somalia to wear something on my head. I wear the hajiab because I am Muslim.

Hey. I liked your article about the Harlem shake. i believe it was just there own reaction to whatever dance and didn't know the true meaning, but even so it was and still is disrespectful. I agree with you on everything. Your article and topic is somewhat similar as mines you should check my article about it on my page called "Tradition or joke?". I think you would like it
ReplyDelete