Monday, March 4, 2013

How To Tell People They Sound Racist













Jay Smooth’s video is talks about racism. I think people can watch his video and understand when people are being a racist or not and learn how to approach to them. In the video, “How To Tell People They Sound Racist,”  is about going to someone and telling them they are being a racist based on what they said and what they did conversation. There are two types of conversation. What they did in the conversation is focuses on the person’s actions and what they said in conversation indicates how they approach to you. The reason that I believe in my assertion because I think the video suggests a good way to face people that sound racist. We should always remember the difference when someone is being racist or making neutral comment. A racist comment could be when someone says that all black people are ghetto and trashy, while white people are educated and the smartest people in the world. Now that we know how to approach someone who is racist in a nice way, we can address them without causing more conflicts. It is very important to tell who is racist and who is not, because in the United States we are going to meet people from all over the world and we have to learn to work with them and resolve conflicts.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I agree with the idea that we need to learn how to approach some one who has been racist if the person has been racist. We need to make sure that the person was racist other wise we could be in a big trouble. Sometimes, we could be wrong especially when you were not raise in this country where it seems to be full of different cultures. As I was raised in Europe, we do not get to see this very much, but I have to say that there is racism everywhere. What you wrote made me remember an incident I had with one of my friends back in Spain. She is from Romania, and Romanian people are not well seeing in Spain. Once, I said that most gypsies come from Romania and her sister thought I was been racist. The thing is that I read in a book that in Romania reside lots of gypsies, and that was all my point. How could I be racist if my best friend is from other country?. Do you think your ideas are related to any episode in your life? Have you ever been able to witness anything like this? If you like writing this blog, you should check out this movie: AMERICAN HISTORY X, it is pretty nice and you can learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete